If you care about
- Climate change
- Solar power
- Water conservation
- Energy conservation
- Drought-resistant landscaping
- Electric vehicles
and living lightly on our small planet…
Please Join Our Club and Work With Us To
- advance sustainable practices that are based on scientific principles and responsible management of limited resources;
- produce education programs that inform residents and staff about the challenges and opportunities surrounding sustainability;
- collaborate with GRF, MOD, the Mutuals, and our neighbors to ensure that Rossmoor leaves its neighborhood in better shape than we found it; and
- identify new challenges and new opportunities for improving the quality of life for all of Rossmoor residents and the nearby communities.
We meet the first Tuesday of every month at 7p.m. in the Fairway Room at Creekside. During the Covid-19 Stay-at-Home Mandate, we are having online Zoom meetings.
We are a very action-oriented group with lots going on. Read here about the history of our group, learn about the solar farm, or join our effort to bring organic recycling to Rossmoor. Maybe you’d like to learn more about our efforts to conserve water, or have questions on residential solar options.
Recent SR Committee Reports:
Updates on what each committee is working on, our successes, and what needs more work.
SUSTAINABLE ROSSMOOR STEERING COMMITTEE:
|Vice President||Barry Brianemail@example.com|
|President Emeritus||Marcia McLeanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Solar Farm||Brad Waiteemail@example.com|
|Earth Matters Columns||Bob Hansonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Residential Solar||Adrian Byramemail@example.com|
|Electric Vehicles||Brad Waitefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Film Series||Carol Weedemail@example.com|
|Trash Talk||Carol Weedfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Water Conservation and Sustainable Landscaping||Richard McPhersonemail@example.com|
|Earth Awareness Month||Paula Ericksonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Publicity Earth Awareness Month||Barbara Coenenemail@example.com|
|Assistant Webmaster||David Epleyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Planet-Friendly Eating||Dave Caseyemail@example.com|